GregandRyan.jpg

ASUNM President-elect Greg Romero (left) and Vice President-elect Ryan Regalado.

LETTER: New ASUNM president and vice president address student body

Lobos,

Thank you so much for selecting us to serve as your next president and vice president of ASUNM!  We cannot wait to get started and hope that you can be a big part in our plans for next year. We are elected by you, to serve you, so with that comes a responsibility that we are both ready for. We look forward to open dialogue and the exchanging of ideas that will better the University of New Mexico for every single student.

For those of you that don’t know us or weren’t able to hear our campaign initiatives, we ran on the ideas of college affordability, UNM admin accountability, a changed and open ASUNM and improved campus safety. With 10 combined semesters of experience and numerous successful past initiatives, we are confident that the plans we set and promises we made will see their way through.

It’s no secret, there are going to be obstacles to overcome right from the start. The transition back to in-person classes and events will certainly be one of them. We will do our best to keep you informed and safe through this transition by working with our administration, Student Health and Counseling and various other departments across campus, constantly keeping students' interest at the forefront.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any concerns or ideas. We plan to have an open and welcoming office and that starts now! Please feel free to email Greg at romero3800@unm.edu or Ryan at ryan8regalado@unm.edu. Additionally, there will be many opportunities to get involved within ASUNM in the coming months, so be on the lookout! To start, Senate applications are due Monday, March 22 by 5 p.m.

Again, thank you for your support up to this point and we look forward to your continued support as we begin our terms.

Thank you,

Greg Romero and Ryan Regalado