Copy of Copy of letter to the editor.jpg

LETTER: Aaron Cowan is the experienced choice for GPSA president

Dear Daily Lobo Editor,

I am writing because I believe we have a very critical choice to make between two different candidates for GPSA president. Aaron Cowan is the experienced choice, as he has been involved in student government for years at UNM. He shows how he cares about students by always coming up with ideas to get things done on their behalf. He is the current GPSA Legislative Steering Committee Chair and has served previously as the chair of other committees like Elections. Furthermore, he is the president of the OILS Student Alliance, and before that he was also an officer in PAGSA and a staff council representative.

His opponent, David Saavedra, has only been involved in GPSA for two months. Hiring someone with only two months of experience for a top leadership position like GPSA president could be a disaster for UNM graduate students because it is such a difficult time right now, and the position requires someone with proven leadership experience. As a nation, we have seen the chaos that was created over the past four years by electing a president without strong qualifications or experience. Our graduate students cannot afford to make a similar mistake. Please get out and vote. There is so much that needs fixing right now, and I believe that Aaron Cowan is the right person to get it done for you.

Thank you, and please vote on my.unm.edu right now. (Voting closes this Friday, April 2.)

Sincerely,

Aaron Kelly Anderson

Vice President, OILS Student Alliance