Copy of Copy of letter to the editor.jpg

LETTER: Bring back sudoku

My Monday mornings used to be very consistent and relaxing. An easy way to start my week, I would get off the bus, walk past Castetter Hall, grab a Daily Lobo and spend an hour doing the sudoku before Calculus 3, gradually working on it through the rest of my Monday. The past two weeks have left me in shambles.

Arriving early to campus has been met with disappointment and tragedy. For the past two weeks, my intelligence has been mocked by being forced to go through the crossword and not be able to answer 90% of the prompts. I am simply too dumb for trivia; my little engineering brain requires number puzzles.

I understand that the comic artists deserve to see their art published, but can it really be justified that a comic about how homemade cookies are better than store bought ones is more important than the single sudoku puzzle I get to solve in public per week to fuel my superiority complex?

I can’t wear my major in computer engineering on my sleeve, but I can solve sudoku in a newspaper to remind my peers their intelligence and sophistication pales in comparison to mine. These crossword-only editions have been a disaster on my mental well-being and it was absolutely necessary that I use the time that SHOULD have been dedicated to sudoku to write this letter.

Please, bring back sudoku. I can’t go another week like this.

Tiamike Dudley is a student in the School of Engineering at the University of New Mexico

RESPONSE

The editors apologize for our recent lack of sudoku. We have attached this week’s sudoku on page 4 of the printed paper.