Horoscrope.jpg

A zodiac astronomical Clock Tower Torre dell Orologio in Venice, Italy. Photo by Josh Rangel on Unsplash.

Loboscopes: April general predictions

April showers bring May flowers, or so they say. This month’s zodiac forecast, however, predicts sunny, breezy days ahead as Jupiter and Neptune, the planets of expansion and dreams respectively, will be traveling close together for the rest of the month, meeting their closest conjunction on April 12 for the first time since 1856. On a larger collective scale, this is a very powerful conjunction that may denote a more extreme shift in the general cultural atmosphere.

This expansive dreamy energy will be further intensified when Venus, planet of love, beauty and creation (exalted in Pisces), conjuncts Neptune on April 27. Generally, this month is a time for nurturing passion projects. You may find that things you previously thought to be pipe dreams will work themselves out in great synchronicity. So where in your life will you be meeting this great expansion?

Aries

Starting off weak, Aries will likely see the least direct fortune this month. Some will be particularly impulse-driven as the remainder of Aries season plays out, but you must proceed with caution as your actions may have consequences which will be completely out of your own perception. Be careful about angering others and take some time to unwind, as any creative rut you may be stuck in right now is sure to work itself out in due time.

Taurus

April should be pretty easy-breezy for Taurus folks. You may find your social circle expanding. Take the new connections coming into your life in stride, as they will no doubt be to your benefit. Overall, you should feel very comfortable right now, especially as the sun moves into Taurus on the April 20.

Gemini

Geminis may be blessed with some new career opportunities this month — perhaps a long streak of smooth sailing in your work endeavors could lead to a new project or promotion (particularly around April 15). Now is a great time to self-promote, as your ambitions are just within your grasp if you would only take the extra step.

Cancer

Right now may be a spiritually fulfilling period for Cancers. This is a fantastic time to travel, take new classes or take on higher philosophical endeavors. Do be wary of ego wounds, particularly toward the beginning of the month — one small setback does not mean the end of the world, and you should certainly not retreat back into your shell because of failure.

Leo

This is a time of great shifting for Leo placements, whether that be a physical move in location or an intrapersonal movement in outlook. Luckily, Venus and Neptune’s favorable presence should mitigate the discomforts of this period of many endings within your life. Try to take extra care to tie up loose ends this month, as you may be feeling overwhelmed by the weight of the current burdens in your life.

Virgo

Romance is in the air for Virgos this month. You may be feeling like you are in a renewed “honeymoon” phase if you are currently partnered or rejuvenated in your thirst for passion if you are single. At the very least, I would suggest embracing the spirit of collaboration this month, as any creative or business endeavor you start with someone else is sure to be fruitful or, at the very least, highly productive.

Libra

Some shadow work may be in store for Libras this month as April’s full moon rolls into the sign’s domain on April 16. You may feel emotionally overwrought and uncontrolled, feeling swayed this way and that by forces outside your control. Let this be a time to do what you do best: stabilize tension and create harmony. This time, it will be for yourself, which is a challenge for even the most independent Libras.

Scorpio

Sturdy, fixed Scorpio may waver a bit this month due to the social upheaval brought by Jupiter and Neptune’s conjunction. Like their sister sign, Taurus, these Scorpions crave stability, or at least the control to destroy themselves rather than falling to someone else’s mercy. Keep your locus of control in mind. Don’t let anxiety brew about interactions going on without you. If you let it, April can be a reset button for the better.

Sagittarius

April will be a time of peace for the normally restless Sagittarius. Be aware of this calm before the storm — the movement of Mars into Aquarius on April 4 means that any anger the Archer may feel could become complicated under the cerebral, distant sign of Aquarius. Don’t think too hard about your grievances; move boldly as you do naturally. It’s not healthy to let things fester.

Capricorn

The Sun is in Aries until April 19, so you high-climbing Goats should feel an extra push of motivation these windy spring mornings. Now is a good time to invest in the things you care about, especially your hobbies. Lean into your more childish, self-indulgent whims as you finish out the dynamic season of the Ram.

Aquarius

It’s time to put your money where your mouth is. Luckily, Mars and Saturn both settling under your jurisdiction will help you do just that. These planets will give you both the drive and careful reasoning to analyze yourself, especially the ideals that you stand up for. This tough and engaging work will help you academically, especially in fields like sociology and psychology, as the warrior planet Mars collides with your discerning wit.

Pisces

This month, Fishes may be enthralled to see their abstract ideas get actualized while lucky Jupiter travels along with dreamy Neptune, the planetary ruler of Pisces. You may carouse with an action-oriented fire sign, like Leo, to help you get your lofty ideas on the ground this month. Even though everything may seem to be falling into place, be wary of maintaining high expectations — when you fall, you fall hard.

A rare, dramatic conjunct like the one between Jupiter and Neptune this month is daunting. With a little self-reflection, though, you can follow this change in the sky to a better situation for yourself and those you care about.

Nell Johnson is a freelance reporter for the Daily Lobo. She can be reached at culture@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @peachnells

Zara Roy is the news editor at the Daily Lobo. She can be contacted at news@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @zarazzledazzle

We highly recommend reading horoscopes based on your rising sign. If you do not know your rising sign, you can calculate it at Cafe Astrology.