Devanne Sours (1) and Skye Gullatt (17) leap into the air to block a shot by a CSU player during their game Thursday October 8, 2015. The Lobos lost 0-3 to CSU.(Cisco Mora/Colorado State University)

Volleyball: New Mexico falls to CSU in three

Colorado State continued its domination against the New Mexico during a 3-0 sweep on Thursday night.

The Lobos have not beaten CSU in Fort Collins, Colorado in more than two decades, and must wait another year to try to end that streak.

New Mexico came out swinging well against the Colorado State, hitting for a cumulative .286 percentage. However, that was a meager number in the eye of the Rams who came out with a .400 team average in the first set.

“Colorado State is a good team,” New Mexico head coach Jeff Nelson said in a statement released Thursday. “They did a lot of really good things, but we struggled. We struggled on our right and we struggled with some of our left-side attacks… We’re just making too many errors.

While UNM (9-8, 2-2 MW) stumbled on the outside, Simone Henderson was not phased in the middle. She accumulated nine kills, the team high on 14 attempts on her way to a .684 hitting performance.

Nobody hit better than Henderson on the night, but her strong performance was outshined by CSU’s Alex Reid who collected the game high 15 kills, 1.5 blocks, and 12 digs. The outside hitter’s game fueled CSU to remain the only unbeaten team in Mountain West play (12-3, 5-0 MW).

The Lobos will have another big test on Saturday against Wyoming (14-3, 4-1 MW). The trip to Laramie, Wyoming will be the final game of UNM’s four game road trip.

Liam Cary-Eaves is the sports editor for the Daily Lobo. He can be reached at assistantsports@dailylobo.com or on twitter @Liam_CE.