Evangelism is a part of Campus Crusade's study

I find it quite interesting that Keith Wiley would go to such great lengths to put down an organization such as the Campus Crusade for Christ. He not only has read their ads and fliers, but hunted down further information on their Web site, too.

I'm not a member of the CCC, nor do I know anything about the supposed past reprehensible behavior that Wiley alludes to. However, what I do know is that all members of the Christian faith have a solemn charge: to go into the world and spread the gospel. This is a duty set forth by their scriptures and is the focus of a good part of the New Testament. This "spreading the news" is the evangelism that Wiley is so against.

Mr. Wiley believes that evangelism is the worst form of disrespect and " ... demonstrates that you place no value on other people's belief . " By protesting such a basic tenant of the Christian faith, you, Mr. Wiley, are demonstrating that you place no value on a Christian's beliefs.

We are all free to believe as we wish. We are all free to make our own decisions and to post any view or opinion in a public place. The people of the CCC are fulfilling their duty to their God, by innocuously placing fliers. At least they are not "bugging" you in person.

John D. Bess

English student