Lobo basketball season opens with exhibitions

The college basketball season is just around the corner and the UNM men's and women's basketball teams will finally get to play opponents other than themselves.

Both teams have had several scrimmages during the preseason and now will begin their exhibition schedule this week. The teams have two exhibition games each to tune up for the regular season.

The women's team led by junior center Jordan Adams and a bevy of newcomers, are set to play its first preseason game today at The Pit against the Houston Flight at 7 p.m. The Flight is a team from the National Women's Basketball League.

The men's team will hoop it up against the Electronic Arts All-Stars of the Central Division. Junior guards Ruben Douglas and Marlon Parmer will lead the Lobos when they play in The Pit Thursday at 7 p.m. The All-Stars are comprised of young players who played college basketball and aspire to play professionally. The team is active only during the exhibition season to play college teams.

Notes: Single game tickets for the upcoming UNM basketball season will go on sale this week. Tickets for women's basketball games are currently on sale and the men's single game tickets can be bought starting today. As a reminder season tickets are still on sale and all tickets can be purchased at the ticket office or by calling (505) 925-LOBO (5626).

Staff Report