Hip-hop artists to hit Santa Fe

G Love and the Special Sauce to bring unique style of jams

G. Love and the Special Sauce will be pouring it on thick at the Paramount in Santa Fe tonight.

Recognized on the east coast for playing intimate venues, G. Love and the Special Sauce has come to spread the love in Santa Fe to promote its best of G. Love album.

G. Love's collaborative mix of sounds is reminiscent of the Beastie Boys and a touch of the Beatles. The three musical compadres pay homage to past musical geniuses as they define music appreciation in a well-bred and unique sound and style - which includes smart lyrics and sweet beats with harmonic and acoustic rap treats. If you like hip-hop as much as you enjoy the blues or can associate with Beck's smart lyrical exchange, G. Love will definitely satisfy your salty cravings.

Jazzy upright basses, vintage drums and smooth vocal harmonies spilled over moog synthesizers are an ear full as well as an eye full.

Three in harmony, Jim Prescott - string bass, Jeff Clemens - drums and vocals and Garrett Dutton - vocals and harmonica, make their own rules. G. Love and the crew have avoided shelter from MTV and have achieved a modest amount of success without becoming sellouts.

I highly recommend in time acquiring a G. Love album or two in addition to the best-of release

Albums Philadelphonic and the self titled G. Love and the Special Sauce are arguably its finest work with songs such as "Rodeo Clown," "Dreamin'," "Blues Music" and "Walk to Slide."

Seeing G. Love's live show will only enhance the pleasure of listening to its various albums. Be sure to dance among your college buddies and bring someone you want to impress. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. with special guest Slightly Stooped. Tickets can be purchased at any Ticketmaster outlet or at www.ticketmaster.com.