Show me how to: have fun durring finals week.

hstang@unm.edu

In addition to extended library hours, UNM will offer free food, free massages and chances to win free electronics to help students survive finals.

To alleviate students’ stress, the University offer will offer special events as well as greater accessibility to study services.

Associate Dean of Facilities and Access Services Nancy Dennis said Zimmerman library will be open 24 hours today through Thursday to meet student needs. She said the library will be open until midnight this Friday and Saturday and will open for 24 hours the Sunday and Monday of finals week.

Dennis said UNM library hours have always been extended during finals, but hours at Zimmerman have only been extended during finals week for the past three years. She said libraries will return to normal hours of operation May 8.

“There is certainly an increase of student usage around finals,” she said.

Student Lauren Charsley-Groffman said she made good use of the extended library hours last semester, which allowed her to study for her finals.

“I live in the dorms, which can be noisy,” she said. “It’s nice to have some place to go, no matter the time, to study in quiet.”

The Student Union Building’s marketing assistant Alex Borowski said the SUB will host its semiannual Late Night Breakfast, an event with free food and giveaways for students, Sunday from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. He said the administration hosts the event to encourage students to study for finals in a fun environment.

In addition to breakfast, students can snag giveaway prizes such as shirts, hats and water bottles, Borowski said. Student should bring their UNM ID if they want a giveaway.

“Late Night Breakfast is a great way to end the semester,” he said. “It is an effortless event for students to enjoy in the midst of stressful finals preparation.”

Borowski said SUB administration will also have raffle-style giveaways for an iPad, laptop and several gift cards. He said the iPad and laptop were purchased with money from the department’s budget for the event and the gift cards were donated by local businesses, such as Elephant Bar, Texas Land and Cattle and Olo.

Jordan Unverzagt, a graphic designer for the SUB, said the Student Health and Advisement Center will partner with the SUB administration to provide free massages to students. He said the event will be the premier of the Student Union’s new logo, which will be printed on some of the giveaways.

“We hope students will come out to enjoy the Late Night Breakfast atmosphere,” he said. “It is a perfect opportunity to celebrate the end of the semester.”