iheartorgasms.jpg

Sophomore psychology major Austin Orozco (right) receives free condoms from senior Leslee Horn of the Health Education Council on Monday. The giveaway was a promotion for I ♥ Female Orgasm, an event held tonight that uses humor to teach students how to give and experience better female orgasms.

Orgasm aficionados arouse student body

culture@dailylobo.com

Laughter, advice and female orgasm are coming to town — and they’re coming fast, hard and everywhere.

“I ♥ Female Orgasm” is a comedic, educational show hosted by the Women’s Resource Center today in the SUB.

Elizabeth McDonald is the Health Education Council co-captain at UNM, and has helped put together the event.

“I think that’s really what sets ‘I ♥ Female O’ apart from other sex-ed programs, is they bring in humor. They recognize this is uncomfortable, and we’re going to just break that ice and take down these barriers and talk about this like it’s a normal topic, like we’re talking about shoes almost,” McDonald said.

The show is based on a book written by Dorian Solot and Marshall Miller. It contains advice on how to help your female partner have an orgasm, or a better orgasm, and debunks myths about the elusive female ejaculation and other “taboo” topics.

The idea behind “I ♥ Female Orgasm” is to use humor to breach a difficult subject. Though humor is essential, the show is done in a thoughtful and appropriate manner, Rick Aguilar, one of the event’s organizers, said.

“The way the speakers deliver their program is 100 percent appropriate, usually — well, I don’t know if it’s 100 percent, but it’s as appropriate for the college of choice as possible,” Aguilar said.

“I ♥ Female Orgasm” is part of a weeklong event promoting healthy sexuality. The Women’s Resource Center will be handing out free condoms and holding events such as RAINN Day, an event which promotes awareness of sexual assault on campus.

“We’re not pushing any one idea of healthy sexuality on anyone. We’re just providing all of the resources and then letting (the audience) make informed decisions,” said co-sponsor Angela Catena.
Aguilar said fliers around campus have generated positive buzz.
“The response that we get when we go outside and we hand out fliers, or the response that we get when we walk around wearing these T-shirts, is very positive,” he said. “People are excited, people talk about it, people are like ‘I’ve seen that around! Are you the one who put the fliers in the restrooms?’”

McDonald said many people love female orgasms.

“I think the most frequent phrase I hear when I’m wearing my shirt or my button or something is ‘Oh my god, me too,’” McDonald said.
McDonald and Catena said they have seen a positive response from as many men as women.

“Most of my male friends are promoting it for me … they’re like ‘I want to learn how to give a girl a better orgasm, I want to teach my friends,’ or something like that, so the response I’ve gotten has just been wildly positive,” McDonald said.

I ♥ Female Orgasm

Tuesday, 7 p.m.
SUB Ballrooms

Free