Campus briefs

Water & Energy in NM: Conversations on our Common Future

UNM’s Anthropology Department Professor Cristobal Valencia will discuss political views regarding fracking in New Mexico on Thursday at 5:15 p.m. in George Pearl Hall, room P104. The event is free and open to the public. Doors open at 5 p.m.

UNM Composition Studio Recital

UNM composers will present their new works at a free concert in Keller Hall in the Center for the Arts at 6 p.m. on Friday. Undergraduate and graduate students will present music featuring both acoustic and electronic instruments. The event is open to the public.

UNM FAFSA Workshop

The UNM Student Financial Aid Office will host a workshop to help students and parents fill out their Free Application for Federal Student Aid at the Student Success and Services Center at 3:30 p.m. on Friday. The priority deadline to submit the FAFSA is March 1. Applicants will need their FAFSA PIN, social security number, driver’s license, completed 2013 tax forms or W2s, records of untaxed income, bank statements and records of investments.

UNM’s World Language Expo

UNM’s World Language Expo will host a variety of presentations regarding languages and cultures from around the world on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Ortega Hall. The event is open to the public, and admission is $2. A preliminary schedule for the expo can be found at fll.unm.edu.

Children of the Holocaust

Five Holocaust survivors will share their experiences on March 6 at 7 p.m. ASUNM Student Special Events will host the event in the Student Union Building Ballrooms with the help of the New Mexico Human Rights Project. The event is free and open to the public.