Monday on the Street: Jan. 19

What's the most difficult part about getting back into the school grind after a lengthy break?

Noah Licona, film, sophomore

"Setting a right sleep schedule, like sleeping early. It's hard, because I've been sleeping late. I'm pretty ready, the break was pretty long, so I'm ready to get back to school." 

Sam Brown, English and economics, freshman

"Definitely just getting back into the work habits. You know, you get so amped up into the end of the semester with finals and everything, your study habits are so ingrained. Then you have five weeks off but then, coming back, you have to work yourself back into actually getting into the swing of showing up to class and doing your work, making sure it gets all done."

Sabrina Sosa, exercise science, freshman

"Honestly, I would assume that most people would be laying around and kind of just, relaxing. Whereas, when school starts it kind of bombards you with homework and I feel like you're not used to it. So, I feel like just the transition is just super hard."

Amir Poorfakhraei, civil engineering, grad student

"During the holidays, I was working at night. Managing to keep up with the schedule is kind of hard. Because I have classes at 8:30am, it's kind of hard for me. That's the biggest problem for me."

Matthew Reisen is the news editor at the Daily Lobo. He can be contacted at news@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @dailylobo.