Women's Basketball: New Mexico announces 2016-2017 schedule

New Mexico fans will get to witness Mike Bradbury’s team quite a bit in the month of November.

The Mountain West released the schedules for each of the teams in the conference, and UNM will be playing its first four contests (two exhibitions) in front of Lobo fans.

In fact, the only away game in the month of November will occur on Nov. 20 when the Lobos will venture to Lubbock, Texas to take on Texas Tech.

The season kicks off Nov. 12 against Farleigh Dickinson followed by the first in-state rivalry game against New Mexico State on Nov. 17 in WisePies Arena.

Following UNM’s trip to take on the Red Raiders, UNM will return home for its annual Thanksgiving Tournament in The Pit. Tulsa and UNM will begin play the day after Thanksgiving, with the rest of the schedule to be determined based on wins and losses.

The Lobos will finish off the Rio Grande Rivalry in the next contest on Nov. 30, before returning to Albuquerque with four home games against SMU (Dec. 3), Minnesota (Dec. 6), UTEP (Dec. 11), and Eastern Illinois (Dec. 18).

The final non-conference game will take place at Marquette on Dec. 11.

UNM has nine home conference games, the first taking place on New Year’s Eve against San Diego State. The MW season will take place from Dec. 29 through March 3 for UNM and the MW Tournament to follow on March 6-10.

“The schedule was locked in place when we arrived. It certainly has its challenges. I am looking forward to being able to put our stamp on the schedule starting in 2017," Bradbury said in a statement.

Liam Cary-Eaves is the sports editor for the Daily Lobo. He primarily covers volleyball, women’s basketball and baseball. He can be reached at sports@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @Liam_CE.