Brief: UNM names Interim Chief Information Officer and Deputy

According to a University release, Duane Arruti, currently Director of IT Applications, has been selected to fill the position of Interim Chief Information Officer at UNM.

After conducting a limited internal search, Executive Vice President for Administration David Harris announced Arruti will serve in the interim role, according to the release.

The release states Arruti will be responsible for the overall leadership of Information Technologies services across the University, with oversight of Central IT staff.

Harris pointed out that Arruti has more than 20 years of experience at UNM, according to the release.

“Duane has demonstrated a collaborative and appreciative leadership style over the years,” Harris is quoted as saying in the release. “Also, he brings a wealth of knowledge, skills and experience to this role that will greatly benefit the IT department as well as the University as we move forward in transforming UNM’s IT services.”

According to the release, Harris announced that Brian Pietrewicz will serve as an interim Deputy CIO.

Pietrewicz, currently the director of Computing Platforms for UNM, has been instrumental in implementing technical solutions and strategies for improved efficiency and cost savings, according to the release.

“Brian will support Duane with regard to leadership and guidance of critical areas of technology administration,” Harris is quoted as saying in the press release.

Both Arruti and Pietrewicz began their new roles on Thursday.