Halloween is coming soon, a time when kids are knocking on doors, begging for candy to get their annual overdose of sugar, but we can offer them a healthy, tasty alternative with less sugar instead.
Here is a healthy, spicy, tasty and not-too-sugary treat that can be made for a Halloween party or just for fun during the season.
1(15 Ounce) can of pumpkin
1 (14 ounce) can of unsweetened condensed milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon of salt
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
black food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Whisk the sweetened condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon and black food coloring in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie crust.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350 F.
- Bake the crust and mixture for 35 minutes.
- Wait until the pie cools.
- Decorate the pie with candy corn to make your favorite jack-o-lantern face.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Cover and refrigerate any leftover pie.
Recipe inspiration from: allrecipes.com.
Ludella Awad is a news reporter at the Daily Lobo. She can be contacted at email@example.com or on Twitter @LudellaAwad.