Women's Basketball: Robertson garners MW Player of the Week

Aisia Robertson has been named the Mountain West Player of the Week for her performance on Saturday against the University of Houston, the New Mexico Women’s Basketball team announced today.

Robertson recorded a quadruple double, scoring 28 points, dishing 11 assists and pulling down 11 rebounds to go along with 13 turnovers in the Lobos double-overtime win against the Cougars. UNM produced a video with some highlights of her performance that can be found on Twitter.

This is the second straight week that a UNM player has won the award, as Jaisa Nunn took home the honor for her performance against Hartford.

Robertson led the Lobos offensively in the second and final overtime period, scoring eight of the team’s 13 points, including sinking what would be the game winning three. She was the first Lobo to record a triple double, as the conference and UNM are calling it, since Cherise Beynon had one against Fresno State last March, and only the sixth athlete in the country to record one so far this year.

A Kansas transfer, this is the first time that Robertson has won the award after sitting out for the Lobos last season. It was the first triple-double of her career, the seventh in UNM history and No. 17 in the history of the conference.

The Lobos return to the court on Wednesday against Oklahoma for the annual N7 Game, that will tip off at 7 p.m. at Dreamstyle Arena — The Pit.

Cameron Goeldner is a senior reporter and photographer for the Daily Lobo. He primarily covers men’s soccer, women’s basketball, softball and the Albuquerque Isotopes, but also contributes content for all other sports. He can be reached at sports@dailylolobo.com or on Twitter @Goeldfinger