Jay Griffin IV set a new school record for New Mexico Track and Field when he blazed the men's 200-meter run in 21.08 seconds last week at the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Collegiate Invitational last week, but left enough gas in the tank to accomplish the same feat again on Saturday.

Griffin IV, a two-sport student-athlete, bested his own school record, shaving a fraction of a second off his time to clock a 21.07 run. Carlos Salcido — who had previously held the school record — finished second with a time of 21.28. Fellow two-sport student-athlete Elijah Lilly also notched a top-10 performance, finishing in 21.74 to place sixth.

The indoor track at the Albuquerque Convention was home to another record-setting performance as cross country standout Weini Kelati showed her skills in the women's 1-mile run. She posted a new school record with a time of 4:39.43 to lead a quintet of Lobos who finished in the top five.

A release said Kelati's time was 0.13 faster than Sammy Silva's previous school record set on Feb. 14, 2015 and is the top mark in the Mountain West so far this season.

Adva Cohen (4:47.90), Hannah Nuttall (4:51.75), Kieran Casey (4:53.62) and Emily Martin (4:58.38) finished two through five, respectively. That helped the Lobos dominate with a team score of 33 points in that event alone.

Other individual wins included Sophie Eckel's women's 3000-meter performance. She completed the run in 10:06.36, easily outpacing the next-closest competitor. Teammate and local product Mackenzie Everett turned in an eighth-place time of 10:31.93.

Larimar Rodriguez edged out teammate Steffi Jones to win the women's 600-meter run, clocking in at 1:34.39 — a little over half a second quicker than Jones' second-place time of 1:34.97.

Cathilee Mullings continue to improve her numbers in the long and triple jump events. She picked up a second-place finish in the women's triple jump with an attempt that yielded a 40 foot, 1 1/2 inch mark and placed sixth in the long jump, posting a distance of 17 feet, 8 1/4 inches.

In other field events, Allison Mady notched a fourth-place finish in the women's shot put with a toss of 45 feet 1 1/2 inches.

On the men's side, Aidan Quinn took the top spot in the triple jump — posting a 48 feet, 6 inch attempt that was good enough for first place.

In the men's triple, UNM's Tanner Battikha came in second place with a mark of 23 feet, 6 3/4 inch, followed by Ryan Chase's third-place jump of 23 feet, 4 inches.

Back on the track, another close one-two Lobo finish took place in the men's 800-meter run. Former Lobo turned pro Josh Kerr won the event with a time of of 1:48.55, preceding the UNM trio of Michael Wilson (1:49.17), Kristian Uldbjerg Hansen (1:49.24) and Max Wharton (1:53.46) to tally 24 points as a team in the event.

Jonny Glen ran unattached in the men's 1-mile run and finished in 4:16.74, while Jared Garcia ran it in 4:19.21 for New Mexico.

Isaac Cole turned in a 48.34 performance in the men's 400-meter dash to come in third place in the event. In the men's 4x400-meter relay, the quartet of Cole, Salcido, Wharton and Alejandro Goldston also placed third, with a team time of 3:19.04.

The UNM men's team scored a total of 105 points to place third overall in the standings, while the women garnered 99 points to come in fourth. Grand Canyon and Washington State flip-flopped in the standings with GCU taking the top spot in the men's standings with a top of 172, while the Cougars took the podium on the women's side with a cumulative score of 114.

The Lobos will play host again as the indoor season continues on Friday, Feb 1. when the New Mexico Collegiate Classic, a two-day event, gets underway at the Albuquerque Convention Center.

Robert Maler is the sports editor for the Daily Lobo. He primarily covers basketball and baseball and contributes content for various other sports as well. He can be contacted at sports@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @Robert_Maler.