UNM Tickets

University of New Mexico Men’s Football team tickets. 

UNM Athletics partners with ticketing agency

The University of New Mexico Athletics Department has announced a new partnership with Paciolan, a ticketing company that is part of the Learfield organization, to handle ticketing services for the University.

In addition to handling ticketing at athletic venues, they will also be working Popejoy Hall.

Learfield, the parent company of Paciolan, is a sports marketing behemoth that also partners with UNM and handles multimedia rights for Lobo Athletics through Lobo Sports Properties.

“As UNM Athletics’ exclusive multimedia rights holder, Lobo Sports Properties manages all aspects of the rights relationship, providing corporate partners both traditional and new media opportunities with the University in which to bolster their own brand and garner maximum exposure through such inventory as venue signage; event sponsorships and promotion; corporate hospitality; radio and television; digital engagement and visibility,” according to the Lobo Sports Properties website.

Among the new features coming to fans who purchase tickets online is a virtual map of the arena, allowing fans to select their seats and preview what the court will look like from where they are sitting. Mobile ticketing will also be introduced, as well as a new strategy for fans who are unable to attend an event. This strategy will allow fans to transfer or exchange the tickets they can’t use.

"We are proud to partner with Paciolan, an industry leader in ticketing and fundraising," Athletic Director Eddie Nuñez said in a release. "As we push to enhance our Lobo fan experience, we are confident that we have found the right partner for our Athletic Department and The University of New Mexico."

Ticketing at UNM was most recently handled through the UNM ticketing system, which was run through Institutional Support Services that handled ticketing for venues such as Popejoy and Rodey Hall, as well as outside organizations such as the State Fair. This system was considered by many to be outdated.

The new ticketing system will be used for outside events at UNM venues, such as the Professional Bull Riders or the State High School Basketball tournaments.

“The old system had no interface with the donor side, had no connection with the season ticket side,” UNM Chief Procurement Officer Bruce Cherrin said. “If I’m a season ticket holder, like I am — and I don’t go to some games, like I don’t — I had no easy way of giving my tickets to somebody. You can do that now. Then you just scan it when you walk in (to the venue). It brings the features into the 21st Century.”

Cherrin said that the new system not only provides the customers with more features, but will also be cheaper for the University.

"We look forward to providing the University of New Mexico fans and patrons with a world-class experience," Paciolan President and CEO Kim Damron said in a release. "Armed with Paciolan's personalized solutions, we know UNM will take their growth strategies to the next level and foster an even deeper connection with their vibrant Lobo community."

The system is expected to be fully implemented for athletics by spring 2019, when football season ticket sales will begin. The switch will take longer at Popejoy, however, as the two systems will be used simultaneously for six months until the new system can be used for everything.

Danielle Prokop contributed to this report.

Cameron Goeldner is a senior reporter and photographer for the Daily Lobo. He primarily covers men’s soccer, women’s basketball, softball and the Albuquerque Isotopes, but also contributes content for all other sports. He can be reached at sports@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @Goeldfinger.