spring20parking.jpg

A cut south lot parking pass.

PATS ushering parking permit refunds

The office notorious for parking citations and permits will accept refund requests amidst the University’s limited operations. 

In an email sent out by Parking and Transportation Services (PATS) Wednesday, PATS announced that the last day for students to request a permit refund is Tuesday, March 31. 

Students looking to receive a prorated refund must fill out the provided form and submit a photo of their permit, cut in half before their request is processed. 

As for staff and faculty, PATS warned that upon return of a faculty or staff permit, “(they) may not be able to get it back into the same zone/structure once the University reopens.”

The University is currently on an extended spring break until April 5 in an effort to respond to the novel coronavirus. 

Still, staff and faculty who wish to receive a prorated refund can complete PATS’ online form and submit a photo of their pass cut in half. 

The email assured that UNM administration is reviewing payroll deductions throughout UNM’s limited operations in order to assess what temporary changes may be made. 

For staff and faculty who paid via payroll deductions, PATS instructed returns must be requested at least six business days ahead of biweekly payday, or nine business days ahead of monthly pay day. 

Atop of the specific day regulations, PATS requires all refund requests to be submitted weekdays by 12 p.m. for same day processing. 

Students who paid with their Bursar’s account will receive their prorated refund in that account. For those who paid with a credit card, it will take up to 10 business days for their prorated refunds and will be submitted to UNM Accounts Payable for processing, according to the PATS email. 

On March 17, PATS allowed parking in any regular permitted space that’s not otherwise restricted, according to their website. Shuttle services — which transport the UNM community from their respective lots to campus — also began to use limited buses and employed the night bus route weekdays from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.

As of the publication of this article, standard PATS operations will resume on April 6. 

For access to the student refund form, click here https://forms.unm.edu/forms/permit_return_request . For access to the staff and faculty refund form, click here https://forms.unm.edu/forms/permit_return_request

Alyssa Martinez is the news editor at the Daily Lobo. She can be contacted at news@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @amart4447