Arts in Brief

Spring Break Events Brief

l Club R&B, 3523 Central Ave. N.E., offers live performances almost every night of Spring Break.

Friday: Alex Maryol Band; Sunday: Hadden Sayers; Monday: The Withdrawals; Tuesday: Open mic night with Stan Hirsch; Wednesday: Ivon Ulibarri Y CafÇ Mocha; March 15: Maiden Voyage; March 16: The Big Kahuna; March 17: Rattlecats; and March 19: Wagogo. For information, call 256-0849.

l Outpost Performance Space, 210 Yale Blvd. S.E., is also booked with events through the break, starting with Howard Alden-Ken Peplowski Duo on Friday at 8 p.m. Tickets for the jazz show cost $20, $18 for members, and can be purchased in advance at the Book Stop. Call 268-8898.

Crosswinds Weekly presents pianist and composer Danilo Perez and the Motherland Project March 16 at 8 p.m. Tickets cost $20, or $18 for members, and are available at the Book Stop. Country-folk-bluegrass singer/songwriters Robin and Linda Williams will perform March 17 at 8 p.m. Tickets cost $10 or $8 for Outpost and Southwest Pickers members and can be purchased at the Book Stop.

l Local band Scenester, formerly Stretch, will release its CD Spoon-fed Corporate Rock at the Launchpad Saturday with performances by Rebuilt, formerly Swerve, Lush Rustler, formerly DBE and Ladykillers.

l UNM’s Keller Hall presents “Music Is … Falko Steinback at the Piano” Saturday at 1 p.m. This family concert is free, all ages and is sponsored by UNM Music Prep School.

l No Means No will perform Monday night at the Launchpad with Removal and Dead On Point Five. Tickets cost $7 at the door and the show is a 21-and-over event.

l Bookworks, 4022 Rio Grand Blvd. N.W., in the Dietz Farm Plaza, presents a free reading “Saturday Afternoon Champagne & Chocolate” on Monday at 1 p.m. Author Steve Brewer will read from his book “Crazy Love,” and P.J. Grady will introduce her second Matty Madrid mystery “Deadly Sin.” Other presenting authors include Steven Havill, Connie Shelton and Judith Van Gieson. To reserve seats, call 344-8139.

l The Maxwell Museum of Anthropology features the Salinas Missions field trip with Richard Burleson on a day tour to the Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument, Grand Quivira, Quarai and Abo ruins Monday from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tickets cost $25, or $20 for MMA members. For registration information, call 277-5963.

— “Object Theatre” workshop will be held at Yaga moves, 825 Early St., Santa Fe Monday from 1-5 p.m. Playwright Isabelle Kessler will teach the class, which costs $50 per person. To reserve space, call (505) 989-1072.

— Lee Scratch Perry will perform at the Sunshine Theatre Wednesday night.

— Union Underground, Dust For Life, Slaves on Dope and Spike 1000 will play at the Sunshine Theatre Wednesday night.

— Hootie & the Blowfish will perform Thursday at the Kiva Auditorium with opening bands Everclear and Lifehouse. Tickets are available at all Ticketmaster locations, by calling (505) 883-7800 or visiting www.ticketmaster.com.

— Solo singer/songwriter Libby Kirkpatrick will play on Thursday at the Moonlight Lounge. Celeste Hernandez-Gerety will open the show at 8:30 p.m. Tickets cost $5 at the door and it is a 21-and-over event.

— The Larry Keel Experience will perform March 16 at the Moonlight Lounge. Tickets cost $6 at the door and it is a 21-and-over event.

— UNM’s Keller Hall features vocalist Kent Wall’s free student recital at 8 p.m.

— ArtStreet, a non-profit art center and program for the homeless, presents the “In Other Words,” poetry workshop on March 17 from 1-5 p.m. at 1217 First St. N.W. For more information, call 248-0817.

— Dave Fischoff will be playing at Insurgo, 3904-A Central Ave. S.E., in support of his new CD The Ox and the Rainbow. Cerberus Shoal, Seattle band Bloodhag and Ft. Collins, Texas, band Kneejerk Reaction will also perform. Show cover is $5 at the door.