Toulouse unaware of senators’ difficult job

I am writing in response to Jeremy Toulouse’s letter on Tuesday, “Lobo funding cut highlights the Senate’s inexperience.” Mr. Toulouse, after reading your response, it is clear to me that you either misunderstood Sen. Nichols’ letter or are fully unaware of the work the ASUNM senators do for the UNM campus.

This outstanding group of people takes time out of their lives to make decisions that simply must be made. How dare you attack their personal character or the group’s character by saying they are “close-minded” and “selfish?” This group unselfishly takes personal time to do things for this campus that you, sir, probably have never even thought of. No one in this group is trying to remove a student’s right. They are simply trying to find more money to give to student groups.

The Senate is not trying to shut down the Daily Lobo. Besides, there are other ways of expressing yourself than writing an ignorant letter attacking a group of people who have good intentions and do a great job. Dear Mr. Toulouse: You should be careful where you point your fingers. If you want things done, then get involved. Perhaps your biased and close-minded accusations should not be pointed in the direction of the ASUNM senators, but back at yourself.

--Amanda Sims

UNM student