Representatives to debate on campus

Student-sponsored talk to cover gun control, Lottery to Success Scholarship

Staff Report

State Rep. Al Park, D-Albuquerque, and Rep. William Fuller, R-Albuquerque, will discuss a variety of issues tonight at 7 p.m. in the Kiva Lecture Hall.

The Pre-Law Association is sponsoring the debate, along with ASUNM Student Special Events, College Democrats and the College Republicans.

Both representatives won in the November election and will debate a variety of topics, including the Lottery to Success Scholarship, New Mexico water resources, the future of the Albuquerque Sports Stadium and gun control.

After a series of questions by Pre-Law Association members, the representatives will answer questions from the audience.

Fuller is the state representative for the 29th District. He is a member of the Consumer and Public Affairs; Energy and Natural Resources; and Rolling and Engrossing Committees.

He has a bachelor's degree in psychology and anthropology from the University of Oklahoma, a bachelor's of science in field crops and botany from Oklahoma State University and a doctorate in crop science from Oklahoma State University.

He is a retired natural resource conservationist with the United States Department of Agriculture and the Natural Resources Conservation Service. Fuller, 69, also is a retired Army colonel.

Park is the state representative for the 26th District. He is the vice chairman of Consumer and Public Affairs Committee. He is a member of the Engrossing and Enrolling, Judiciary, Rules and Order of Business Committees. Park, 30, has a bachelor's degree in American History from Purdue University and a law degree from George Washington University.