Campus Briefs

The UNM Anderson Schools of Management is presenting "Club Daze" today from 5-7 p.m. and Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event will be in the Anderson Schools of Management breezeway.

"Club Daze" is designed to get Anderson student organizations to recruit new members.

Ford Motor Company will sponsor the event and refreshments will be served.

Students who join any of the Anderson student organizations will receive free Anderson Schools T-shirts. They will also be entered in a drawing to win one of four UNM Bookstore gift certificates.

......

"Consider the Word: Thirty Years as a Publisher," will be delivered today by UNM Press Director Luther Wilson from 2-4 p.m. in the Willard Reading Room of Zimmerman Library.

It is the first part of a new regional scholars and writers series titled, "Open Doors: Regional Scholars and Writers, Spring 2002."

Program director, Carolyn Mountain, said the series continues every other week and features a variety of writers, scholars and faculty who wish to discuss the literature of the southwestern culture as well as their own publications.

She said many writers do not usually have a venue where they can talk about their own literature and this series will give them a chance to do so.

"We got such a huge response, and we have a lot of different writers who are already scheduled for the next sessions," Mountain said.

......

Professor Jeanne Logsdon of the Anderson Schools of Management has been chosen for the UNM Library's Faculty Acknowledgement Program for 2001-2002.

She will be honored at a ceremony Thursday in the Willard Reading Room of Zimmerman Library.

The award recognizes faculty members who excel in academic productivity.

Logsdon has been at the Anderson Schools since 1989 and was named a full professor in 1998.

Other Anderson Schools faculty members who have been honored are Richard Reid, Allen Parkman, Dwight Grant and Jesse Dillard.

......

UNM Anderson Schools of Management is accepting nominations for alumni to be inducted into its Hall of Fame.

The deadline for nominations is Friday.

To nominate outstanding alumni, send that person's name, title, affiliation and address to the Anderson Schools of Management Development Office, UNM, Albuquerque, N.M. 87131.

Nominations are also accepted by telephone at 277-0880 and e-mail at mchale@mgt.unm.edu.

Alumni selected for induction will be honored at the 13th Annual Hall of Fame dinner scheduled for April 18 at the Sheraton Old Town.