Lobo season a roller coaster

It's the beginning of February and not only is the season flying by, but so is the school year.

This season has kind of been a roller coaster ride, not only for us as players, but also for you as fans. One thing I have learned is that during adversity and hard times, you have to have confidence in yourself. No matter what you do, if you don't have that special feeling about yourself or that self-esteem needed to get through adverse situations, you will falter.

Right now, as a team, we are facing that aforementioned adversity. These past couple of weeks have been trying times. We lost one of our players, Marlon Parmer. I refuse to comment on the situation because I don't want anyone to put their spin on what I say, plus the fact that I think it is for the best if I don't comment. I will say that he is a good player and he shouldn't have any problem choosing a school that will better suit him. Keep working hard!

OK, now even though there is a lot of speculation after our embarrassing loss to the University of Utah and our internal conflict, we are still in pretty good shape. In conference, we are now in third place (3-2).

We fared well last weekend against University of Wyoming and Colorado State University, splitting our road trip losing the first game to Wyoming and winning the second against Colorado State. I am pretty sure people thought we were going to lose both games.

I also am sure my teammates will agree that we are feeling good with the split, but we want more. When I say more, I mean having a good shot at winning the conference. We are still in the running. Utah is playing unbelievable basketball right now, but they will cool off and Wyoming is very beatable. But, we have to take it one game at a time.

Conference continues this weekend with San Diego State University and the University of Nevada at Las Vegas. OK, I say San Diego State and you guys are probably thinking easy game. No, they have a very talented group of guys who know how to put the ball in the basket. They have three of the top scorers in the conference. It will be a battle. This is a team that went to Duke University and stayed pretty close the whole game, and that is saying a lot for a team to stay under 20 at Duke.

The only thing is that they have lots of talent but they aren't a good team. Let me rephrase, they have good individuals but not a good team and are still dangerous. Then there is UNLV, who we have not heard much about but they are always dangerous. They have a new coach, so they are trying to establish respect.

The thing that we got to keep in mind is that we have two games this weekend and not one. As a team, we can't be content with just one good game. We have to play a hard 80 minutes of basketball with a sense of urgency. If we do that, everything else will fall into place.