The 'Stars' come out for glamorous drag show

Glam, jam, thank you ma'am! - October is National Coming Out Month. Just in time, a newly-formed production company, Sinatra-DeVine, is kicking it off with drag revue appropriately called "Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are: A Night of a Thousand Stars" with a knockout, all-star cast.

With all of the glitz and glamour Sinatra-DeVine Productions promises for this show, the company definitely knows what it's doing. This star-studded occasion includes Fontana DeVine as the divine one herself, Ms. Bette Midler, in a skit by DeAnna de la Noche with Tequila Mockingbryd and Geneva Convention.

Also expect special appearances by Mark Pino all the way from Chicago, who will be performing on stage, and, of course, the big, bad Mama Cass. It certainly wouldn't be appropriate without her. Although there's nothing that could possibly make the line-up more perfect, it gets even better, with the reigning 2002-2003 New Mexico Pride Title holder, Ms. Gay New Mexico and, those sweet things of the center stage, the Sugar Kookies.

There will be an ensemble from the Emmanuel Metropolitan Community Church, which will be performing a rendition from the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" among many other great acts performed by the world's greatest stars.

All of this is really darn exciting, especially when you realize that the people responsible for its creation are not actually making one penny, nickel or dime off of it. Yeah, you guessed it - Sinatra-DeVine is a nonprofit company. Its direct purpose is to produce variety shows in the Albuquerque area for the general public to enjoy and the shows benefit legitimate charities.

The events produced by Sinatra-DeVine do cost to get in, but any of the money earned is donated to local community charities after show expenses. Neither the performers nor their board of directors are paid for the work that they do. This year, the proceeds will benefit Musical Theatre Southwest, Albuquerque Pride and Cuidando Los Ninos.

"Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are: A Night of a Thousand Stars" will be performed on Saturday, Oct. 5, at the Hiland Theatre, 4804 Central Ave. SE. Showtime is 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 and $12 and are now available at the Hiland Theatre box office or online at www.Tickets.com.