Man abducted at The Pit

Victim kidnapped at knifepoint after football game

UNM Police Department detectives are investigating an apparent robbery and kidnapping that occurred Saturday outside The Pit after UNM's football game against UNLV.

A local man leaving the game was robbed at knifepoint and then forced to drive his vehicle while his assailant demanded his wallet.

The victim was not injured in the robbery.

The police report states that the victim was walking up to his vehicle, which was parked in the dirt lot on the west side of The Pit, when the suspect approached him.

The suspect is described as a 5'6" male in his late twenties. A woman, described as 5'6" with a medium build in her early twenties, accompanied him.

The man held out a knife and reportedly demanded the victim's wallet. After the victim complied, the man demanded his PIN number and the victim told him his credit cards did not have one.

The victim was then ordered to get in his vehicle while the assailant got inside with him.

As the victim began driving, the suspect reportedly told him "Give me the PIN number or I will stab you," according to the police report.

The two men drove to an area neighborhood when the suspect ordered the victim to stop the truck and get out.

As the victim walked away, his assailant yelled to him that his keys were on his vehicle's dashboard.

The man then exited the victim's vehicle and got into a black truck that had pulled up behind them and drove off.

The victim went back to his vehicle and found his wallet, which was missing two credit cards and about $55 in cash.

UNMPD Cmdr. James Daniels said the offenses the suspect is alleged to have committed include kidnapping, robbery and aggravated assault - all felony charges.

"There are other charges that could be tacked on here," Daniels said. "These are just the major ones."

He said he expects the department to fully prosecute the offenders if they are located.

"This is not going to be some slap on the wrist if we catch him (and her) and bring them to trial."