Animal communicator teaches love, awareness

"A divorce will make a cat pee out of her litter box faster than anything," said Rev. Kelly Schneid.

Schneid is an animal communicator in Albuquerque, as well as a spiritual coach and a Reiki master. She offers classes in animal communication and intuition at Crystal Dove Inc. and is available for home visits.

She pursued her psychic abilities first as a Reiki master, and then she branched out into animal communication.

Classes are formed once enough people have signed up and start at $20 per class.

"I started realizing that when I was doing healings with people that I was also picking up their animals here on Earth or up in heaven," Schneid said.

She studied intuition and spiritual coaching at the Light Foundation in Anaheim, Calif.

"I did a lot of practice, and I asked for a lot of signs from up above,"

Schneid said. "I told myself, 'I am not doing this unless I know for sure, because there is a very strong ethical aspect to this. And you should be very confident and know what you are doing.'"

Schneid said she started her practice in Southern California and then moved to Albuquerque.

"Lately, I have been getting a lot of people who are losing their pets," Schneid said. "They want to know if it is time to take them in, if they even want to be put down, if they want to go to the vet. And you would be surprised at how many animals say, 'No vet.'"

She said she uses many intuitive techniques to communicate with animals.

"You can get clear seeing, and that basically is you are getting an image in your mind and sometimes you will see it," she said. "The other way would be hearing. I will hear them talking and it will sound like my own voice, but a lot of times, especially with the animals, it is not something I would think or say."

She also uses a method called clear knowing, which is when people know something but don't know why they know it, Schneid said.

"Then there is the way of clear feeling," she said. "I get a lot with that where I feel the emotion from the animal."

Schneid said intuitive knowledge can be applied to many facets of people's lives.

"Animal communication is about love and it's about awareness, because the way you communicate with animals is through love," Schneid said. "By building a bridge between the two of you, it's a love that you feel. And you can use an animal or a person that you love so completely. You think of them and then send it toward the animal, and it opens that door."

Schneid said many animals' behavioral problems can be solved through communication.

"Animals are the best, most common way of giving a sign to somebody," Schneid said. "If an animal does something unusual, it's usually a sign."

Schneid said animals' emotions determine their behavior more than people might think.

"People do not realize that animals have a rich emotional life," Schneid said. "They understand what is going on, and they may think in their animal terms, but they are very emotionally involved."

Schneid said she was surprised when she started talking to animals and found them to be blunt and hilarious.

"With animals, once you learn, it is very clear," Schneid said. "With animals you have got to have a sense of humor and be able to appreciate it."

She recommends students take a beginning intuition class before or alongside the animal communication class.

"The class teaches you what questions to ask a new animal, to be aware and questions to ask any animals you have in the home before you bring a new animal home," Schneid said. "The hardest thing to get past is the 'Can I do this?'"

If you are interested in attending a class, Schneid can be reached at KellySchneid.com or by phone at (505)-314-4739.