Mobile theater takes the show on the road

New shop reinvents itself using same principles

The fame in Albuquerque’s backyard, TV series “Breaking Bad”, is coming to UNM on Friday with a portable movie theater.

TV channel AMC is touring the Emmy-winning show nationwide, said Theresa Beyer, AMC’s vice president of promotion.

“This is one of the best shows on television and, quite frankly, they need to check it out,” she said. “We’re showing a seven-minute video presentation in what we call the ‘Breaking Bad’ screening lab, which is essentially a miniature mobile movie theater. It seats about 80 people. It has stadium style seating with HD surround sound, and it’s pretty incredible.”

Beyer said the difference between “Breaking Bad” and other shows is that “Breaking Bad” is not only entertaining, but high quality too.

“We all know what’s on much of television,” she said. “‘Breaking Bad’, as proven by the Emmy awards that it’s won, is a really quality production, in its writing, directing, cinematography and acting.”

Actor Bryan Cranston won two consecutive Emmys for best actor in a dramatic series for his character Walter White.
“I love the show because it’s funny, quirky and very dramatic,” Beyer said. “You never really know what you’re going to get. It’s the kind of show that sucks you in and gets you involved in the crazy world of Walter White.”

*Breaking Bad in the mobile screening lab
Between the Student Resource Center and Santa Ana dorms
Friday
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. *