For Your Ears

Feb. 8
Reverend Horton Heat
Launchpad
21 and up
$20
The seminal sound of psychobilly, a cross of rockabilly and hardcore punk rock, means it kind of works as country music for people who think country music is lame. The band is 25 years old, meaning it’s probably older than most Daily Lobo readers. Some of you may be familiar with the band from its appearance in “Guitar Hero 2” with the song, “Psychobilly Freakout.”

Feb. 19
Redneck the Band
Low Spirits
21 and up
$5
Country music from right here in Albuquerque. It’s worth it for the name alone, plus Low Spirits is a great venue. Also, the price is right.

Feb. 23
311
Sunshine Theater
All Ages
$44.50
The band 311 is stony music for stoners who have gotten stoned to 40 Oz. to Freedom too many times and need something new to listen to while picking stems and seeds out of their stash. These guys’ biggest hit was a terrible cover of “Love Song,” easily the worst song the Cure ever wrote. And the Cure had a lot of bad songs. The most absurd thing about this show is that you can score an eighth for less than the price of a 311 ticket if you know the right guy. But if you’re using this page as a tray to break up your weed while you read this, you may want to tape this blurb to your bong so you don’t space on going to this show.

Feb. 25
Ice Cube
Sunshine Theater
All Ages
$32
The star of “Are We There Yet?” “Are We Done Yet?” and the “Are We There Yet?” television series is coming to town to perform at the Sunshine. Apparently he used to be a rapper of some kind.

Feb. 27
Gorilla Battle of the Bands Finals
Launchpad
All Ages
$10
It’s a Gorilla “Battle of the Bands,” but it would be a lot cooler if it was a “Gorilla Battle” of the Bands — like a fight between two gorillas named Bands. Oh well.

Every Monday

Blackbird Karaoke
Blackbird Buvette
21 and up
Free
Yep, karaoke at the Blackbird — they’ve probably been doing this for a while, but just in case you didn’t know. It’s free, which means you’ll spend the same amount of money to get in as you would to just stay home and sing to your cat. Of course, you’re a lot more likely to get laughed at singing karaoke at a bar than in the safety of your own home.