The Weekly Free

You’ve probably just had your first round of tests and papers, and now you want to relax. The Daily Lobo is here to help you do just that without spending a dime. We spent some time searching the internet to find you fun, free things to occupy your week and weekend.

If you know of a free event, please send the event info to hriley@unm.edu
.

ICE CREAM
TUESDAY

Cold Stone Creamery is partnering with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and giving away free three-ounce ice cream samples from 5-8 p.m. The samples will come from the Sprinkled with Wishes creation, a concoction of sweet cream ice cream, brownies, rainbow sprinkles and fudge. The closest Cold Stone is on 3222 Central Ave. S.E., so make it fast and run!

SOLAR ENERGY WORKSHOP
TUESDAY

Solar panels may not be free, but information about them can be. New Mexico Solar Energy Association is having their chapter meeting so people who don’t know about solar technology can ask questions to those well versed in it. The info session offers the basics on photovoltaic panels. The workshop is from 6 to 8 p.m. at Affordable Solar, 4840 Pan American Frontage Rd. N.

CONSUMER DEBT/BANKRUPTCY WORKSHOP
WEDNESDAY

This event is a little less exciting than free ice cream, but may be more important depending on how close you are to reaching maturity. The State Bar of New Mexico Center and the Bankruptcy Law Section will offer a free workshop to answer questions for people concerned about debt or possible bankruptcy. After a presentation and Q & A session the attorneys will meet with anyone who is interested in a free consultation. The workshop is from 6 to 8 p.m. at the State Bar of New Mexico Center, 5121 Masthead N.E.

“NATIONAL COFFEE DAY”
THURSDAY

Listen up people, this is big. Thursday is National Coffee Day, so let’s all celebrate with a cup, or many cups, of joe. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts is offering a free 12-ounce cup of coffee in celebration, and 7-Eleven is offering a free medium cup of coffee. Enjoy the best national holiday ever while supplies last! Krispy Kreme has one location on 2270 Wyoming Blvd. N.E. The closest 7-Eleven is on the corner of University Boulevard and Central Avenue.

CRAIGSLIST

As usual, Craigslist brings us some golden nuggets this week, all for free. After eating all that ice cream you will probably need to burn it off. What better way to hit the gym is there than hitting your very own? In the free section of Craigslist, you can find a free exercise bike and weight bench. The downside is that the poster is listed as living in Placitas, but most people might agree that a svelte body is worth a 25-minute drive.

-Hunter Riley