Dishonesty in debate typifies Romney

Dear Mitt Romney,

After watching you debate President Obama on Wednesday night in Colorado, I can’t believe how two-faced and dishonest you are.

You really don’t have any limits when it comes to stretching the truth.

You have been running an absolute disaster of a campaign filled with dishonesty, flip-flopping and secret videos of writing off 47 percent of the nation. You’ve been down in almost every single battleground state poll, and it has seemed as though this election may be a blowout in favor of the president. With conservatives in the news and on TV calling your campaign a mess, I was sure that you had absolutely no momentum going into this debate and would look like a fool on the national stage.

So how did you end up winning the debate? You lied like there was no tomorrow and looked good while doing it. You pulled more lies out of your butt and shocked this nation once again. Obama was definitely not at his best Wednesday night and needs to better prepare for the next debate. However, I wouldn’t have a clue as to what advice to give Obama for the next debate when all you do is lie. One can’t prepare for that. But I bet you must be proud of that.

You began by claiming that you care about clean energy and the environment. However, at the Republican convention you quoted one of Obama’s 2008 speeches and said, “President Obama promised to begin to slow the rise of the oceans and heal the planet,” then waited while you and the audience snickered and laughed together as if taking care of our planet is a joke. Most of the Republican Party refers to global warming as a hoax, so you do not care at all.

You continued by claiming that you will not raise taxes on middle-class Americans. A Tax Policy Center study and many others conclude that with the amount of tax cuts you are calling for, it is impossible under your tax plan to not raise taxes on the middle class, because you are calling for no tax increases on the wealthy. None of your policies help out the middle class, which you don’t care about.

My mouth almost fell to the floor when you stated one of your best lies yet: that you agree education is very important to you, as well as teachers. You’ve said numerous times in the past that we don’t need more teachers, firefighters or policemen — you want to cut teachers.

You even said if a young student can’t afford college, they should borrow from their parents. What world do you live in, sir?

Do you believe that every young American has wealthy parents who can just pay for their college? You don’t understand the struggles of a typical hardworking American. You have never had to struggle for anything in life; it has been given to you.

So don’t tell the American people that you care about education and the middle class. You believe that it is a privilege and not a right for everyone to be able to attend college. Everyone deserves a fair chance at an education. Rich, middle class, poor or immigrant, we all deserve to have affordable education and good teachers. Don’t tell us you care, because you and your insane partner’s budget calls for enormous cuts in education.

I had no idea it was possible to attack someone for something you did, too. You attack “Obamacare” every day, yet you passed the exact same plan in Massachusetts that helped many people. You are so twisted and sick that you can’t even say that covering millions of Americans with affordable health care is a good thing. You made false claim after false claim, such as saying that people cannot stay on their health care plan under “Obamacare” if they like it, when actually they can.

It takes some kind of person to attack someone on the same thing you did. Then you said that 20 million people will lose their insurance as “Obamacare” goes into effect. It would actually expand health care coverage to 30 million more Americans.

There were many more lies that would take me days to write up, but thank you for all of the material.

Next debate, let’s hear some specifics besides the fact that you would like to take Big Bird off of television.

Mr. Romney, you are a disgrace to this nation and to your insane party. How can you live with yourself knowing you are looking right into the camera lying line after line to the people of this great nation?

You will not get away with it, I guarantee it. The American people deserve to know the truth about you and your policies, so give it to us. Tell us that you actually don’t care about the middle class because apparently we believe we are “victims.” Tell us that you don’t believe everyone deserves a fair shot unless one is born with money. Tell us how you plan to turn Medicare into a voucher system, and tell us how you want to gut our education system and ship jobs overseas.

You and your party are the reason that every other nation in this world laughs at us and shakes their heads. Do this country a favor and go out with dignity by telling the truth.