Don’t work for makers of ‘hell-on-earth weapons’

68 years ago this month, the United States atom bombed Hiroshima, Japan. The U.S. atomic bombing of Hiroshima on August 6, 1945 murdered 166,000 people — over 50 times the number of people murdered in New York City and Washington D.C. on 9/11. The United States is the first and only nation in human history to atom bomb cities of people.

The U.S. massacred mostly women and children in Hiroshima. Many of the men had gone to war.

Friends did not recognize each other. Some no longer had faces. Eyes melted in their sockets. Noses and mouths were open holes. Many people completely disintegrated. Some moved like scarecrows — holding their arms out from their bodies to avoid the agony of raw burns rubbings. Sheets of skin trailed from fingertips.

Some reached out to help the more severely injured, then drew back their hands. They were holding gobs of charred flesh.

Reservoirs of water were filled with dead people who looked boiled alive.

Many suffered radiation sickness and birth defects for years afterward.

Is this loving our neighbors as ourselves? Is this treating other people as we want to be treated? Is this loving and doing good to our enemies? Is this conquering evil with good?

Sandia and Los Alamos National Laboratories have designed for decades hell-on-earth weapons much worse than the Hiroshima bomb.

Never work for Sandia and Los Alamos National Laboratories, Lockheed Martin and other war industries!

Don Schrader
Daily Lobo reader