The Weekly Free

For those of you who love food and books, this is a pretty awesome week. National Taco Day is Friday and Star Wars Reads Day is Saturday and there are free events for both. Don’t forget, today is also National Custodial Workers Day, so remember to say thanks when you see some of those hard workers on campus.

Rock out with your lunch out
Wednesday

Singer/songwriter Jill Cohn is coming down from Seattle to hold an outdoor lunchtime concert from noon to 1 p.m. just south of the SUB. The show is a part of the lunchtime concert series presented by the ASUNM Special Events Office. All ages.

Let them eat tacos!
Friday

Celebrate National Taco Day with a reading of “Dragons Love Tacos” and the opportunity to make a taco yourself. The event will be held at Bookworks beginning at 4:30 p.m. Bookworks is located at 4022 Rio Grande Blvd. N.W. All ages.

May the Force be with You
Saturday

Follow up National Taco Day celebrations with the second annual Star Wars Reads Day. The festivities, also at Bookworks, will begin at 11 a.m. and will include a performance from the PLAY Conservatory, a costume contest, games and a visit from stormtroopers. Bookworks is located at 4022 Rio Grande Blvd. N.W. All ages.

Meet a local author
Monday
Albuquerque author Kate Horsley will hold a one hour lecture at 2 p.m. in the SHAC building as part of the Honors College’s “Meet the Authors: Exploring the Creative Process” series. All ages.