The Weekly Free

Bank account in the red? Piggy bank empty? Wallet filled only with the ghosts of yesterday’s bills? Don’t worry, there’s plenty of fun things to do this week that only cost your time.

Today
Campus concert

Trumpet ensemble Tromba Mundi will play selections from its recent album “Sinfonia Americana” at the UNM Alumni Memorial Chapel at 7 p.m. The group’s trumpeter, John Marchiando, is an assistant professor in UNM’s music department. The UNM Memorial Chapel is located north of Bandelier Hall and east of Maxwell Museum.

Wednesday
Haunted poetry

Winning Coffee’s monthly poetry slam night will be haunted house-themed this time around. World-ranked youth poetry slam team member Matthew Brown will also perform. A costume contest will follow the performances. The event runs from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Winning Coffee is located at 111 Harvard Drive S.E.

Thursday
Ghosts of another sort

The Maxwell Museum of Anthropology has six collections right now, all centered on the southwest. Two collections are permanent collections in the museum, while four others, including “Woven Stories: Navajo Weavers in a Changing World” and “Contemporary Navajo Photographers: Present Tense” are temporary collections. The Maxwell Museum is located east of University Boulevard near Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue and Redondo Drive. The museum is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.

Friday
Learn the art of string plucking

Off Center Studio is offering guitar and ukulele lessons for beginner to intermediate students. The one-hour guitar lesson begins at 2:30 p.m. and is immediately followed by the one-hour ukulele lesson. Off Center is located at 808 Park Ave. S.W. near the intersection of Central Avenue and 8th Street.

Saturday
Celebrate autumn

The 2nd Annual Marigold and Harvest Festival will feature music, crafts, workshop, games and even a decorated bicycle contest. Crafts include sugar skull decorating and marigold garland making. The one-day festival will run from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at 8917 4th Street N.W.

Sunday
Just dance

The Tango Club of Albuquerque will be hosting its twice-monthly event at Kelly’s Brewpub from 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Learn new techniques and dance with old pros. Kelly’s Brewpub is located at 3222 Central Ave. All Ages.