The Weekly Free

Don’t let your final week of freedom go to waste. Celebrate the last week of break (and the last week before disbursement) with some of these fantastic events.

Sing a song
Monday

For those who love it, one of the most important details for making a karaoke night great is the venue’s ambience. It usually falls just below song selection and just above the intoxication level of the host. Blackbird Buvette is the perfect place for karaokiers who enjoy intimate spaces with limited seating. Blackbird karaoke begins at 9 p.m. and includes a digital song list taller than the average pro basketball player. Blackbird Buvette is located at 509 Central Ave. NW. 21 .

What’s in a word?
Tuesday

Show off your command of panoptic trivia in the inaugural Crossword Puzzle Tournament. The hour-long event will begin at 6 p.m. at the Cherry Hills Library. The library is located at 6901 Barstow NE. All ages.

A UNM-connected masterpiece
Wednesday

Technically, this event is not free — the entry fee is $1 — but for that dollar you get to see Tricklock Company bring to life the poetry of former UNM Fine Arts Dean Jim Linnell. The show, called “The Menu,” starts at noon and runs for one hour at the Lomas-Tramway Public Library, located at 908 Eastridge NE — the southwest corner of Lomas and Tramway. All ages.

Oh horrors!
Friday

This is the final day to check out the art show of every horror fan’s dreams — or nightmares, or both. The Downtown Contemporary Art Gallery will open its doors at 6 p.m. for the final gallery viewing of “THE CREEPSHOW: A Tribute to Stephen King.” The show features art of various forms, all inspired the novels of the King of horror. The gallery is located at 105 4th Street SW. All ages.