The Weekly Free

The semester’s end is nearing and nearly every student is full of jagged nerves and high anxiety. Take some time to relax with these great free events around town.

Crafting handmade film
Friday

Learn to create handmade film frames from New York filmmaker Caryn Cline in a five hour workshop that will teach students the basics of botanicollage. Participants must register by emailing experimentsincinema.workshops@gmail.com. The workshop will be held in room 252 of the UNM Art Building. The Art Building is located directly east of Castetter Hall. All ages.

‘Wicked Women’ in the wild west
Saturday

Local author Donna Blake Birchell will spend two hours at Treasure House Book discussing her latest work, “Wicked Women of New Mexico,” which chronicles the life and times of women like Bronco Sue, Lizzie McGrath and Sadie Orchard. The event begins at 1 p.m. Treasure House is located at 2012 South Plaza St. N.W.

Get your nerd on
Sunday

Head over to O’Neill’s Pub around 8 p.m. for a round of Geeks Who Drink pub trivia. You and up to six of your friends can show off your random, music and just plain weird knowledge at this weekly event that offers great prizes for the winning team. O’Neil’s is located at 4310 Central Ave. S.E. 21

Spend the week at Hogwarts
All Week

The South Broadway Library is treating muggles to a magical adventure this week with a movie marathon. The week of Harry Potter films will kick off on Tuesday at 1 p.m. until 3 p.m. Times vary for the rest of the showings, so interested parties should call 764-1742 to learn more. South Broadway Library is located at 1025 Broadway Blvd. S.E. All ages.