Five & Why: What Lobos love to read with Victoria Blythe

1. “The Hunger Games” by Suzanne Collins

“I loved how much the main character cared about her family, and I enjoyed how complicated the love story was. (My favorite is) the first book because the ending was mind-blowing. The last (book) broke my heart. (This series) taught me to love my family.”

2. “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen

“I love the characters in this novel. I love Lizzie and how strong she was, and Lizzie and Darcy’s relationship. I heard a lot of good things about (this book), and a friend of mine recommended it to me. (This book) is one that every girl can look up to.”

3. “Artemis Fowl” by Eoin Colfer

“It was the first real novel I ever read. I love the plot and the characters. It was so amazing. Holly’s my favorite: she’s such a strong female, and you don’t see that a lot. Artemis Fowl showed me the greatness of the world and convinced me to 
keep reading.”

4. “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee

“It was assigned reading, but I enjoyed it for once. I loved how the story was told through the eyes of a child. It was very unique and I enjoyed that. It showed me that sometimes the world just isn’t fair, but it gets better.”

5. “Confessions of a Shopaholic” by Sophie Kinsella

“I read this book because of my sister; she read it and she loved it. It was hilarious — I’ve re-read it like five times. It’s a good feel-good read, especially if you’re in a funk. It taught me not to get into credit card debt. That’s a very good lesson.”

Skylar Griego is a freelance reporter for the Daily Lobo. She can be reached at culture
@dailylobo.com or on Twitter 
@DailyLobo.