Crime briefs for Dec. 8, 2014

Car radio stolen from Lobo Village

On Nov. 23 UNMPD was dispatched to Lobo Village in reference to an auto burglary. According to the report, the victim parked her car in the Lobo Village parking lot at about 9 p.m. on Saturday. When she returned at about 9 a.m. on Sunday, she noticed the driver’s-side handle and lock had been tampered with. The in-dash stereo and a leather jacket were taken. No fingerprints or other evidence was found on the vehicle.

Police call out harassment

On Nov. 25 a report was made with UNMPD in reference to harassment. According to the report, the victim was allegedly being pressured into a relationship via Facebook and text messages. After the victim said she advised the suspect several times that she did not want a relationship and asked him to stop contacting her, the suspect allegedly continued sending the victim messages. UNMPD contacted the suspect by phone and advised him to stop all contact with the victim. Police explained the state statute regarding harassment. The suspect said he would cease all contact with the victim. No charges or civil action will be brought against the suspect by police or the victim.

Auto burglary in R Lot

On Nov. 24 UNMPD was dispatched to R Lot in reference to an auto burglary. According to the report, the victim parked his car in R Lot on Saturday at about midnight. When he returned to it on Monday at about 2 p.m., he noticed his vehicle was open and his iPod and homemade hookah were missing. No fingerprints or other evidence was found on the vehicle.

Wallet stolen from office

On Nov. 24 a report was made with UNMPD in reference to larceny. According to the report, a wallet was stolen from the victim’s office in Hakona Hall between 8:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. The office was not locked. After contacting her bank and credit card companies, the victim learned that a short female estimated to be around 40 years old and wearing a red Lobo sweatshirt had used her card at a restaurant near campus.

Food truck looted while owners were cooking

On Nov. 24 UNMPD was dispatched to the Albuquerque Institute of Math & Science in reference to larceny. According to the report, two small generators were stolen from the outside of the victim’s food truck while at the AIMS School loading dock. The victim and his wife were cooking inside their vehicle when they said they observed a red Ford pickup pull up next to the small generators. The passenger, described as a white male wearing a plaid shirt and baseball cap, loaded the generators into the bed of the truck; the driver of the vehicle was identified as a white male wearing a black wool cap and a red jacket, the victims said. The truck allegedly had a black skull and wings on the tailgate.

~ Compiled by Erika Eddy