Five & Why: What Lobos love with Lee Jordan

1. Kosei Arima and Kaori Miyazono from “Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso” by Naoshi Arakawa

“Kosei is a pianist, and he actually had post-traumatic stress disorder and he couldn’t hear the notes he was playing on the piano. Through the story, you get to see the progression of Kosei and how he gets through his PTSD thanks to her. He met Kaori in high school and she’s a violinist. He’s so scared of concerts that he hasn’t been to one in like 10 years... He gets dragged (to play) at a concert, and he breaks down in the middle of it. He couldn’t hear the notes, but he then finishes successfully because of Kaori. She just gave him hope during that performance. She does that throughout the whole novel. She is the only driving force that enables Kosei to play. Without her around, he just can’t play or else he breaks down and stops.”

2. Arthur and Molly Weasley from “Harry Potter” by J.K. Rowling

“I thought they were just so cute together. They provide the best comedy for the book. They’re kind of the stereotypical parents. Arthur makes a lot of dad jokes.”

3. Matt Cruse and Kate de Vries from “Airborn” by Kenneth Oppel

“Matt was basically an engineer on board this blimp and these hydrogen tanks break down and he crashes into this hot air balloon where Kate de Vries was. (When they meet) she hates him because she’s just some rich snob. In the end of the first novel, she still hated him, but they were talking. Then there’s this huge gap in between the first novel and the second novel where somewhere in between Matt Cruse and Kate de Vries got together. They had a fight at the very end of the first novel, and then in the beginning of the second novel he gave her a kiss, and so no one knows how or why they got together. Kate de Vries turns out to not be who he thought she was, and Kate de Vries wears the pants in this relationship. That’s why I like them.”

4. Han Solo and Princess Leia from “Star Wars” by George Lucas

“I think Leia just liked Han Solo because he was a bad boy. If it wasn’t for Han Solo liking Leia and going to save her, he wouldn’t have been frozen in that giant wall, and that was my favorite scene of ‘Star Wars.’ Nobody wanted Han Solo and Leia to get together... If it weren’t for Han Solo liking Leia, the story wouldn’t have gotten so far. The relationship of Han Solo and Leia enabled the ‘Star Wars’ story to progress the way it did.”

5. Black Panther and Storm from “Civil War Cease-Fire” by Marvel Comics

“This probably brought on one of the biggest controversies in the Marvel community because there was no reason why they should’ve gotten together. But they got together and overturned the X-Men. In the ‘Civil War Cease-Fire,’ the X-Men and a couple of villains had this fight and Black Panther saw that Storm was really strong. And so basically the reason why they got together was because they could rule the universe together. They were the most powerful couple ever in the Marvel Universe. It makes them one of my favorites because they shouldn’t have been together, and they created this earthquake of arguments in the community. I like to see people get all hot and bothered over this kind of stuff. It’s funny.”