Five & Why: What Lobos love to read with Victoria Salazar

1. “The Help” by Kathryn Stockett

“It’s not normally the type of book I read; a friend recommended it. It was really interesting because it was a modern written piece on an old topic. It talked about important issues of the time. (The writing) was very different (and) more exciting. (Stockett) is very descriptive, and I just thought it was a really good book.”

2. “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire” by J. K. Rowling

“The series is a whole other world. Me and all my friends kind of grew up on it, so it’s just fun to grow up with the characters. And the storyline is interesting with the magic and everything. ‘The Goblet of Fire’ is my favorite because that’s when it started to get more serious — from 11-year-old problems to more serious adult-world problems.”

3. “Divergent” by Veronica Roth

“I liked it because it was similar to ‘The Hunger Games.’ It was really good, and I thought it was really easy to connect with the characters. The whole faction system is really interesting and it gets you interested because it makes you think about where you would be if you were in that setting. The first (book) is my favorite because you start getting to know the characters — and it’s probably the best written.”

4. “The Hobbit” by J.R.R. Tolkien

“The whole story is interesting. I liked it because I love ‘Lord of the Rings’ and it was kind of the first step into (the series). At first it’s a little bit dry, but once you get into it, it’s exciting and it makes the whole ‘Lord of the Rings’ series make sense.”

5. “Catching Fire” by Suzanne Collins

“It makes you think about where you would be and what you would do in these sort of situations. It’s interesting because I think everyone kind of identifies with Katniss because it’s easy too. ‘Catching Fire’ (is my favorite) because you had all the build-up in the first one and then it gets really exciting.”