Midfielder Alyssa Coonrod braces for a header while playing against UNLV on Sunday Oct. 4, 2015. The Lobos are playing out of state against Wyoming Oct. 9.

Women's soccer: Lobos settle for scoreless tie vs. Wyoming

The New Mexico women’s soccer team gained a point in the Mountain West Conference standings Friday afternoon with a scoreless draw at Wyoming.

Lobo goalkeeper Cassie Ulrich stopped a season-high eight saves, including a Cowgirl penalty kick in the 88th minute. Ulrich now stands a 3-for-3 against penalty kicks.

UNM last had a scoreless draw game in 2013 against Utah State.

“Any time you can get a point at Wyoming it’s a great thing,” Lobo coach Heather Dyche said in a statement. “The game was very back and forth and Cassie kept us in it with a huge save.”

New Mexico (5-6-1, 3-1-1 MW) endured a Wyoming attack that boasted 16 shots on goal. The Lobos took seven shots of their own, and Cowgirl goalkeeper Cassie Entsminger saved two of which. Wyoming’s starting keeper, Georgia Rowntree, who had been leading the conference in goals-against average, only played for a half.

The Lobos play Colorado State on Sunday in Fort Collins, Colorado.

J.R. Oppenheim is the managing editor for the Daily Lobo. Contact him at managingeditor@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @JROppenheim.