Redshirt sophomore guard Elijah Brown (4) charges around a Air Force player Wednesday, Jan. 28, 2016 at WisePies Arena. The Lobos...

Men's Basketball: Brown nets third MW weekly award

For the third time this season, New Mexico guard Elijah Brown earned weekly honors from the Mountain West.

The conference on Monday announced Brown received the player of the week award after he averaged 23.5 points in wins over Air Force and Boise State. Saturday's victory over the Broncos, where Brown netted 30 points, also pushed the Lobos into second place in the standings.

In addition to his point totals, Brown sank 52.2 percent of his attempts from the field and 61.5 percent from the line in both wins.

Brown earlier won the awards on Nov. 16 and Dec. 14. He joins Cameron Bairstow, Alex Kirk, J.R. Giddens and Drew Gordon as Lobos who grabbed the award three times in a single season, according to a UNM release.

UNM head coach Craig Neal will address the Albuquerque media today at 2:30 p.m. to preview Tuesday's home game against UNLV.

J.R. Oppenheim is the assistant sports editor for the Daily Lobo. He primarily covers men's basketball and women's soccer. Contact him at sports@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @JROppenheim.