Letter: Nakedness should be embraced, not rebuked

I love living naked at home and nearly naked elsewhere, when I am warm enough. Most humans are the only animals who feel ashamed of their naked bodies and feel compelled to cover their genitals. Why be more ashamed of our genitals than our noses? Why be more ashamed of our ass cheeks than our face cheeks?

I ask those who believe God created our bodies – how can an inch of our bodies be indecent or obscene? Most religious people suffer from body shame and clothes addiction.

For thousands of years, many native people worldwide had the good sense to take off most or all clothes when warm enough and to put clothes on when cold.

Most U.S. jobs require covering most of the body, even in summer. Most U.S. jobs enforce rigid conformity and reject bodily freedom, natural comfort and environmental sanity. India has more than three times the U.S. population, but India uses less electricity for all purposes than the U.S. uses just for air cooling.

I would never want to spend summers imprisoned in sweaty clothes covering most of my skin. I strongly support equal rights for women to be top-free in public as I am — if they want to be.

When my mother and father were alive, I was often naked as an adult in their presence. For many years, I posed naked for hundreds of artists at UNM, Illinois colleges and art groups in Santa Fe and Albuquerque.

Fancy clothes often hide body abuse, neglect and fat. Living naked keeps me devoted every day to eating only raw plant foods and exercising rigorously.

Why are most people more ashamed of being seen naked than they are of paying federal income tax to murder our sisters and brothers abroad in war?

Don Schrader

Daily Lobo reader