Letter: Why is violence more acceptable in society than love and sex?

Why are violent movies called action movies? Why are videos of sex, not matter how affectionate, how romantic, labeled dirty? Why do families watch movies full of glamorized war, robbery, murder, revenge, rape, greed and booze?

Why the addiction to violence for entertainment? Why do families watch brutal boxing and mixed martial arts of man against man and woman against woman bruising, bloodying and brain injuring each other? Why would any adult watch that evil crap?

Why is inflicting pain and harm to each others’ bodies more accepted than giving and receiving body pleasure?

Why are movies of passionate romances and sex between Juliet and Romeo or Juliet and Judy or Romeo and Roger not considered family entertainment? Imagine a world where watching affectionate lovemaking is family entertainment for all ages!

Why do many parents prefer their adult son be a boxer injuring men or a soldier killing men in war than for him to be in love and make love with men?

Why are many people more ashamed of being seen naked than they are of paying federal income tax for war – to murder our sisters and brothers in other nations? I have paid no federal income tax for war, not a damn penny, for 38 years!

I lived well all of 2016 on $4,946 for my total expenses – rent, food, etc. – less than half the federal income taxable level and less than half the U.S. poverty level for me as a single person.

Don Schrader

Daily Lobo reader