Grad Issue: Logan Jones attributes leadership and teamwork skills to ROTC

As Logan Jones nears the end of his time in college, he will begin a new journey as an officer in the United States Air Force.

Logan Jones will be graduating on Dec. 16, 2017 from The University of New Mexico, receiving his bachelor's in exercise science.

He joined the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps Air Force program his second semester at UNM, a program he participated in throughout his time at the University. After Jones graduates, he will join his wife as an officer in the Air Force next month.

Jones attributes his leadership and teamwork skills to his time in the ROTC program.

“That's what I learned most from was ROTC. I learned how to be a leader and also how to be a follower and how to help people achieve their goals,” Jones said.

Jones’ favorite class at UNM was Design for Fitness. Through this course, Jones learned how to run different tests and assess people.

Along with ROTC, Jones also participated in different internships focusing on physical therapy. He interned at the Institute of Community Wellness and Athletics, where he is currently finishing his internship.

His experience at the Institute of Community Wellness and Athletics includes: helping others improve their posture, healing pain, one-on-one sessions and Olympic weightlifting.

During his childhood, Jones grew up riding bikes and four wheelers and dreamt of becoming a physical therapist. He plans to achieve this goal through the Air Force by earning a Ph.D. in physical therapy.

Jones is most excited to graduate and begin his journey in the Air Force in January.

Ludella Awad is a freelance reporter for the Daily Lobo. She can be reached by e-mail at news@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @LudellaAwad.