Prideplaylist.png

Scan the QR code to listen to the Daily Lobo editorial board's pride playlist.  

EDITORIAL: Pride Bangers celebrate Queer music and influence

The playlist “Pride Bangers” was created by the editorial staff of the Daily Lobo and hopes to celebrate a couple of certified bangers, specifically songs that elevate and express Queerness.

Additions like “Call Me Maybe” capture catchy pop perfection and excitement on the dance floor, while “Fast Car” exemplifies yearning for something bigger with a tender chosen partnership. Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” and “G.U.Y.” answer Queer anxieties with captivating beats, lyrics and messaging that display confidence and pride.

All these songs allow Queerness to thrive, both as dance floor staples and emotional car ride performances. Music, art, publications and movements have long been created by Queer people, specifically Queer people of color. 

The Pride Issue recognizes the deep roots and influence that Queer people have made on culture, and the songs on this playlist were picked with the mindset of empowerment and celebration.

The songs chosen honor both Queer artists and Queer influence, demonstrating the impact Queer communities make on music. These are only a couple of songs that get us dancing, singing and celebrating.

Use this playlist as the soundtrack to your reading experience. Natasha Bedingfield’s “Unwritten” was meant to accompany and elevate the contributions that the local Queer people and groups have made to the community.