phamily tea house

Adjacent to UNM is the Phamily Tea House which offers a variety of snacks, entrees and boba. Taken on Thursday, July 20.

Fresh flavors at Phamily Tea House

Phamily Tea House opened across central from campus last December, out of California. The restaurant has begun selling entrees at their Albuquerque location, Jerry Pham, restaurant manager, said.

The entrees range in price from $8.99 - $15.99. The recipes were crafted by Chef Vu Pham. With over 30 years in the restaurant industry, Pham developed the recipes and spice mixes with his family and said that they continue to change and develop as they cook them in order to combine Vietnamese and Taiwanese cooking.

“It probably took two months to just get a recipe that's finalized,” Jerry Pham said. “But, it's not done now. As we go on, we are still developing the flavors, so it can always change in the future.”

The Grilled Pork Vermicelli Noodle, Jerry Pham said, is his favorite dish.

“It's barbecue pork with warm, hot noodles. And then at the bottom is a bed of lettuce sprouts and cucumbers, and poured on top is this sauce. So it's a refreshing summer dish,” Jerry Pham said.

Alongside entrees, the restaurant serves boba and appetizers ranging in price from $3.99 - $7.99,  including popcorn chicken. Being located near campus, Jerry Pham said that they get a lot of business from students and University of New Mexico faculty and staff.

“A lot of people drop by for a quick snack, like a spring roll or egg rolls, and then they grab a coffee and that's how they start their morning. But normally around 12 to four o'clock is when we have people come in for lunch,” Jerry Pham said.

Maddie Pukite is the editor-in-chief at the Daily Lobo. They can be contacted at editorinchief@dailylobo.com on Twitter @maddogpukite