Dreamstyle Remodeling takes lead as new donor of the Pit

WisePies has stepped aside to let Dreamstyle Remodeling take center stage as the new donor for the Pit.

“As a lifelong New Mexican, I am proud to have built a company that has a capability of making this investment in the University and our community,” said Larry Chavez, UNM alumni and founder of Dreamstyle Remodeling.

While working on a $250,000 renovation project for the UNM Football facilities, Dreamstyle Remodeling learned about the opportunity.

Dreamstyle Remodeling will be giving the University a $10,000,000 gift. One million of those dollars will be distributed to other UNM entities, such as the UNM Children’s Hospital, the Anderson School of Management and Popejoy Hall. The remaining $9,000,000 will go to the UNM Athletics Department, said Dreamstyle Remodeling Marketing Director Dawn Dewey.

As with WisePies, payments will be made annually—Dreamstyle Remodeling will pay $900,000 each year for next 10 years, after the initial payment of $1,000,000.

“We are proud to make this large investment,” Dewey said.

The $10,000,000 donation will provide the University with much needed capital to make improvements to various programs and departments, she said.

Currently, Dreamstyle Remodeling is asking the community to voice their opinions on their website to help them develop exterior signage for the stadium. Once the company has a few ideas running, they will invite the community to vote on their favorite, Dewey said.

“We want to ensure the student body and community, as a whole feels, ownership in the process,” she said.

The signage will be installed within 90 days of the design decision, Dewey said, adding that Dreamstyle Remodeling is proud to employ several UNM graduates and will be looking to hire several more in the future. 

“The learning experience at UNM for myself and other management personnel in the company has been a significant element of our success, and it’s our desire to repay the University in a big way,” Chavez said. “As a lifelong New Mexican, I am proud to have built a company that has a capability of making this investment in the University and our community.”

Nichole Harwood is a reporter at the Daily Lobo. She can be reached at news@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @Nolidoli1.