locksley.jpg

Meiko Locksley

Woman blames self for incident

Albuquerque police responded to a domestic disturbance call Friday involving Meiko Locksley, son of former head football coach Mike Locksley and current Lobo football player.

A security guard reported hearing “slapping noises” and a male screaming obscenities inside Meiko’s girlfriend’s house and called APD, according to a police report.

The woman told police Meiko Locksley didn’t hit her. She said the incident was her fault because she was mad at him, police said.

She told police she would not file a restraining order against Meiko Locksley because he plays football for UNM and she said she didn’t want him to get in trouble.

Police located Meiko Locksley sitting in his SUV outside the apartment, which reports said smelled like marijuana.

Meiko Locksley became “extremely irate and uncooperative” when officers tried to interview him, asking, “Do you know who I am?”

Police reports said Meiko Locksley told officers he’s a football player and a Locksley.

Police gave Meiko Locksley a “no trespass” order for the night, but no charges were filed and he was not arrested.

Meiko Locksley is a sophomore in business administration and plays the defensive back position for the Lobo football team.

Police identified the woman in the police report as the same woman who was inside Mike Locksley’s SUV when Joshua Butts, a 19-year-old man claiming to be a recruit for the football team, was arrested for DWI in September. University officials later said Butts was not a recruit.