The Weekly Free

If you don’t feel like going to school this week, then check out these freebies instead. You’ll probably learn more — and have more fun — than you would at school anyway. Just don’t go suing the Daily Lobo when you fail that one history course.

PARTY
Today
Hit up Burt’s Tiki Lounge at 8:30 p.m. for the punk rockers SuperGiant. The event is free, but your bar tab is your own problem. Tip: Don’t bring any money to spend. You might be mad at yourself that night, but you’ll be happy the next morning.

BOOK SIGNING
WEDNESDAY
Have you ever philosophically pondered the difference between art and artifact? What about the difference between art and artifact in Oaxaca, Mexico? If so, check out the UNM Bookstore’s book signing event with Ronda Brulotte, author of “Between Art and Artifact: Archaeological Replicas and Cultural Production in Oaxaca, Mexico.” The event starts at noon.

PUBLICATIONS FAIR
THURSDAY
UNM’s bibliophiles, artists and playwrights convene in this celebration of student publications. Editors from on-campus publications Scribendi, Best Student Essays, Conceptions Southwest and Blue Mesa Review will answer questions, and the event closes with student-written and performed scenes by SCRAP Productions, a UNM student theater organization. The event starts at 11 a.m. in the SUB Atrium.

SEX ED
THURSDAY
This class at Self Serve Sexuality Resource Center features tips on safe sex, as well as tips on how to please yourself. The event is 18 and starts at 7:30 p.m. Self Serve is at 3904B Central Ave. S.E. Visit selfservetoys.com to RSVP.

SURVIVAL TACTICS ART
FRIDAY
Students who graduated from UNM’s master’s program in studio arts display their work in “Survival Tactics,” a curated exhibition. The show is at SCA Contemporary Art at 524 Haines Ave. N.W. and is open from noon to 5 p.m.

KIRTLAND FUEL LEAK
FRIDAY
Did you know that thousands of gallons of fuel from Kirtland Air Force Base are leaking into the aquifer as I write this? Learn more about it at a study group held by the Peace and Justice Center. Apparently members of the group will testify at a Nov. 6 public hearing. The group meets at 6 p.m. and the center is at 202 Harvard Drive S.E.